Sunday 28 August 2011

Journal Entry No. 1

I have been in this horribly amazing land for three weeks and five days.  Just yesterday I was given this almost empty journal after two people here said it would be to my benefit.

As I have never written in a journal before how am I supposed to know what to write.  At the best of times I can think a complete load of rubbish.

On the very first page it has written in some beautiful old school script, “Stars always shine brightest at night.” And underneath I have been told is the same thing written in the old language.  Anyway it looks very nice.  The book itself is made from leather and is hand made by my grandmother.  Not sure how she made the paper but it is stitched into the leather from and back with some big leather stitches.

My grandmother is one that told me to keep one and said she always used to keep one and wrote in it everyday.  However the Polyphant told me that I would be unable to take my Journal home. Apparently that doesn’t matter though, seems a bit pointless to me.  But, on the brightside he did also tell me that a journal is a way to put on paper what is already stored safely in your head, so if I need to remember anything all I have to do is think hard.

Everything seems to be hard.

Anyway, this is the Land of the Dead, this is where some of the dead, retire is as good a word as any, retire to.  It took me a couple of weeks to be covinced that I am not dead.  They did eventually convince me, but I am not sure.  They said to me, “So Seren are you dead?” I said, “No” and they said, “Well there you go then” This is the some total of their argument, oh yes and the little bit where they added as if it was an after thought, “You would know if you were dead, trust us on this”

I will reserve judgement.  I think that is enough for entry number one of probably one.

No comments: