Monday 3 December 2012

Case number one

I don't know whether it was case number one or if it was just one in millions, but when I turned on the light in the downstairs back hallway and went into the cloakroom, at first the moaning I dismissed as the television in a distant room but when I heard the first soggy thud on the back door, I quickly reached for the light and flicked the switch off. I fell to the floor just behind the door and pulled myself into the foetal position. I could hear the moaning, now definitely just outside the door.
All became quiet no more moaning and no more thuds on my door, I stood up and backed away looking through the darkness into even more darkness and saw nothing at all. Tentatively I reached out and flick on the light, my heart raced and I relaxed when all I could see was me in the clear glass window, my reflection staring back at me the hallway framed in the double glazed pane of glass. I stared at myself and feeling the adrenaline dissipating and my stress levels calming down. I took a deep breathe, held it to a few second and let it out, "Ah normal" I lightly said to myself, just as I resigned myself to the fact my head was playing tricks on me and everything was it's normal self, the heart wrenching thud, hit the door right in front of me and a mushy explosion of blood coated the outside of the glass, the thud after thud, and the involuntary bowel movement came on as I realised it was something outside my house continually banging it's head against my door.

No comments: