Tuesday 6 September 2011

Journal Entry No. 2

Well, I have been badgered left, right and centre to keep this journal more up to date.  I am still not understanding why, it has been a ten days since the last worthless entry I made and I have not done anything of interest, well when I say of interest others seem to think that I have.  However tonight is the Pageant of Power and this is a festival that allows all comers who believe they can become an Oracle to show their power and progress into the next stage.  I will know more later as I am just going to get ready for the festivities, maybe I will take this book and write a little when I get utterly bored.

Well I am just back from the Pageant of Power and my entire outlook on what I am doing here and what the pageant was all about.  One, wanna be Oracle literally fights another wanna be Oracle using whatever means they have able to do the most damage and ultimately get the other party to yield, the difference is they can do anything at all because everyone is already dead and therefore can’t die again.  Any holes, loss of body part or complete dis-assembly of mind body and soul will not matter as they will always return to the way they were when they entered this mystical land.  I almost saw a great number of things that I had to look away from because I, being not dead, am still unable to comprehend this fact and my mind still process the removal of a limb or large chunks of flesh as not pleasant.

The Pageant tonight was taken up primarily by one single faerie who managed to win the whole thing without using a single offensive spell. All he did was use defensive and lingering obstructive spells, these put together with his in battle intimidating prowess really made the final battle entertaining. The ultimate objective of the pageant is to win and become and Oracle but this faerie decided not to move on into rebirth and said he would try better next time, how can you win something and promise to try better next time. The pageant is held every five years in here .

Blimey, I almost forgot this bit, his dance. When he had won, he let down his guard for an instance and did a dance that I can only describe as, how do you spell, “Bleurghhh” and I also found out that no one actually knows his name and people really can’t describe him either he is turning very mysterious but at the same time very familiar.

No comments: